Date Created: 2019-03-05T13:34:43+00:00
Reference Number: ZAS
Reference Number: ZAS
Leads the development & implementation of routine and non – routine corrosion mitigation and metallurgy, and continuous improvement of process unit corrosion assessment methodologies at Orpic, under Manager Inspection Services. Aiding projects and operations with failure analysis & defect elimination on corrosion and fouling control. Extend the life cycle of valuable operating equipment and optimize efficiencies and avoid expensive unforeseen shutdown in petrochemical plants; in order to ensure and support Asset Integrity.
Team Leader, Corrosion Metallurgy position will act in accordance with Orpics’ Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards.
- Overseeing corrosion monitoring and control programs and systems to ensure plant and equipment meet the required company standards, applicable codes of practice department strategies and company policy.
- Leads technical interactions with other departments, clients, customers and suppliers to address problems and show commitment to clients and customers
- Act as the technical advisor to the technical service department – inspection services including management of change (MOC) and HAZOP.
- Defining major repairs to fixed equipment and providing support to the inspectors when they generate repair work scopes
- Act as the focal point of contact for legislation relating to inspection services to provide input on new capital projects and planned maintenance works.
- Review comment and approve inspection process procedures & services and inspection frequencies/ applicable of equipment.
- Provide input on risk assessment and scoped items (inspection & QA/QC activities) into the annual maintenance plan and turnaround worklists.
- Maximized equipment availability through effective corrosion control programs.
- Minimized instructive inspections through effective NDT techniques.
- Minimized turnaround execution days and maximized time between turnarounds
- Risk Based Inspection Programs
- Defect elimination and root cause analysis of all repeat failures
- Carries out the technical evaluation of tenders and generates the evaluation report.
- Coordinate with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Services on matters such as plant problems through to proposed projects.
- Monitoring of individual performance and KPI’s for timely update and feedback to team members and management.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures in the section and company in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum Qualifications is a University Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role along with a minimum total experience of 15 years in Engineering Services (Oil & Gas / Petrochemical or Refinery Plant experience preferred).
- Sound judgment in technical matters with good skills in engineering field materials specifications, integrity inspection, plant design optimization/modification and applicable code &standards.
- Knowledge in software applications like Meridium, PI, and RBI etc.
- Corrosion Monitoring Techniques & Corrosion Inhibitors and Corrosion Control Measures
- Coating and Cathodic Protection
- NACE, ASME and other industry codes
- RBI, RCA and Defect Elimination.
- Risk Assessments, HAZOPS & Safety
- Good knowledge in QA/QC, ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and HSE plans
- Knowledge & experience in NDT & specialized equipment inspection techniques.
- Holder of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certification is an advantage
- Knowledge of inspection, corrosion engineering, welding, materials and QA / QC.
- Experience and well versed in field investigation, inspections, troubleshooting, performance checks, data compilation, etc.
- Understanding of Process Plant (P& ID / PFD) & Engineering drawings and OEM manuals
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.