When all the experts have been consulted, operational risks have been assessed, the environmental studies have been conducted and the data has been assembled into practical maps of the exploration site, it’s time to bring in the drilling crew.
There are various factors that must be taken into consideration before any drilling activity can take place within an exploration site. Such factors may include:
- Constructing access roads;
- Temporary Power Stations;
- Installation of wells (for water supply).
In delicate locations or extremely isolated regions, helicopters are sometimes the only source for delivering equipment and supplies to the exploration site.
Drilling operations in order to extract oil can be extremely challenging, especially when winds, currents and bumpy water is the environment in which you need to drill. The most challenging aspect is getting the drilling rig to remain steady in spite of the currents and waves.
The Latest Drilling Jobs | CA Oil & Gas
Simply click on the job you would like to apply for.
- General Manager (Maintenance / Rail / Locomotives / Design / Industrial / Manufacturing / Professional Engineer / BSc) – Pretoria
- DRT Borehole Enlargement Product Champion (DRT / HEWD)
- MPD Wellsite Supervisor (Manage Pressure Drilling / Underbalanced Drilling / Rotary Equipment)
- DST Engineer (Drill Stem Testing / Pressure / Drilling)
- DWM Area Manager (Solids Control / Drill Waste Management)
- Thru Tubing Supervisor (Fishing / Milling / Inflates / Packers) – Houston
Don’t want to apply for the above jobs?
Send your CV to me directly – email@example.com – and I will be sure to add your profile to our database.