Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) experts offer their expertise knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture. This represents a key role in helping to control occupational risk within all Oil & Gas operations, both Onshore and Offshore.
Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) experts are based in a range of organisations from multinationals to small consultancies, and work in partnership with employers, employees, directors and trade unions. They are responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted. They help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that companies are required or choose to follow and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
In Employing the African candidates we want to ensure that each and every company that we provide to, can uphold a 100% ‘danger free’ work environment.
Health Safety and Environmental Jobs
Reference Number: 2201 03 SS
Our client, an South African based IPP in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a Project Manager, who will manage the construction and commissioning of a utility scale solar project.
- Maintain regular contact with key strategic accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Use reasonable endeavours to remain abreast with market and technological developments and to identify new technologies that may contribute towards the development of the Business and improvements in the Company.
- Recommending policy and procedure improvements.
- Ensuring overall compliance to all the internal Policies and Procedures of the Company, including compliance with Corporate ESMS (Environmental, Social, Management System), IFC Standards and Equator Principles.
- During the Execution Phase, the Project Manager is responsible and accountable for managing the following aspects of a project in an integrated manner to achieve project objectives: scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, procurement, risks, communication, and stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for advocating the Turbine and Supplier Agreement and Balance of Plant’s best interests by over-seeing the assigned project during the execution phase.
- Control procurement of subcontractors and suppliers to the TSA and BOP: manage the selection of the main suppliers and subcontractors as well as the negotiations.
- Manage the TSA and BOP, suppliers and consultants during the construction phase to ensure completion of the project within time, budget and quality as per the TSA and BOP contracts.
- Manage the O&M Contracts (LTSA and O&M BOP).
- Manage the following agreements: PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) signed with Eskom, Eskom Budget Quote, DuCOSA, Self-Build Agreement and other relevant agreements if required by the Portfolio Project Manager.
- Support the Asset Management, when required, on other signed agreements (ie: CTA Agreement with the banks, Implementation Agreement, etc.).
- Be compliant with the Asset Management signed contract with the project company.
- Respect compliance of the Economic Developments under the Implementation Agreement.
- Manage the project team (Project Engineer, Construction Manager, Site Superintendent, Health and Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, Commissioning Manager, etc…) before, during, and after the construction phase.
- Direct internal operations to achieve project budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the project.
- Ensure that all the relevant insurances, permits and contracts remain in full force during the construction of the facility.
- Ensure that the project is going to be designed and built-in in accordance with law and all relevant permits (EIA, EMPr, water authorisation, building permits, etc.
- Managing relationships with landowners and the local community.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintain observation reports/logs including work description, work methods, contractors on site, weather conditions, observations, photos, etc.
- Attend, or conduct, periodic construction progress meetings with the TSA and BOP contractors.
- Review progress billings from the TSA and BOP contractors and when required, negotiate revisions.
- Issue an Internal Report and Monthly Report to the Owner by highlighting progress, risks and opportunities and any other main information pertinent to the project.
- Review and assess if each of the contract milestones have been achieved and prepare and issue the relevant certificate duly signed.
- Ensure all the TSA and BOP contract requirements are fulfilled before the final completion is released.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of a Advanced Diploma
- SACPCMP preferable
- Previous experience in Renewable Energy
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term employment contract
- Willing to travel to site as needed
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.Apply now
Our client is one of the leading international legal practices in Africa, currently operating in Africa and Germany. The firm assists corporations, financial institutions and governmental entities with their critical business, regulatory and legal issues both regionally and internationally.
Our client is seeking to employ a Senior Associate to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa with extensive travelling in Africa and Europe. The incumbent should have experience in the following: M&A, Energy, Corporate and Commercial, Taxation and Investment, & Banking and Finance. International transaction experience with global corporations, banks, governmental institutions etc. is essential. The candidate will be required to also lead a team of associates if required.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a lawyer in an international law firm.
- Can build and maintain relationships with large clients and governmental institutions
- Be able to lead and manage multiple teams of legal professionals in different jurisdictions.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be highly organized and able to prioritize and manage workload.
- Possess leadership qualities, analytical and practical problem-solving skills
- Be able to think outside-the-box and work under pressure
- Be comfortable with working in a multicultural setting
- The position will require extensive international travel
- LLM or MBA would be advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Contract
- Competitive Salary depending on experience and qualifications, plus a medical aid benefit.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing – Banking, Finance and Legal
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.Apply now