Reference No. 364 10 RR
Reference Number: 364 10 RR
Our client, an international mining company is seeking Director – Metallurgy and Process Engineering who will be responsible for leading a team of professional and technical staff to maximize the operational efficiencies in refractory, oxide, carbon in leach, floatation, and heap leach precious metal processing.
- Developing systems and measures that appropriately assess the operating facilities, laboratories, and collective team's performance.
- Leading investigations and implement opportunities to increase competitive advantages and align them with the organization's overall strategy.
- Coaching and mentoring metallurgical department personnel.
- Ensuring compliance with company and site-specific policies, standards, procedures, and objectives and recommend new policies or procedures, if necessary.
- Overseeing annual budget preparation and management of departmental costs
- Sourcing and retaining high quality geology personnel, and ensuring that the team receives appropriate training, mentoring, knowledge transfer and performance management reviews.
- Support technical expertise in Metallurgy and Processing Engineering at an affiliate and functional level to enable company policies, standards, and procedures to be met effectively.
- Provide input into the formulation, improvement, and measure effectiveness of the company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Support in interpretation of the company standards and support affiliates in the development and improvement of local systems and support the Corporate Subject Matter Expert team.
- Provide support to technical (Metallurgy and Processing Engineering) communications that are aligned with company policies and programs.
- Be the champion of change for improvement in all aspects of metal processing but not limited to existing operation and growth study.
- Perform all additional duties assigned by superiors.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 15 years of experience in metallurgical operations & engineering for gold & base metals
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgical, Minerals/Chemical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Metallurgical Accounting Standard.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of life-of-mine planning including budgeting and metal planning.
- Experience with plant control systems and use of data historian trends for operating and reporting.
- Ability to present to and collaborate with corporate executives and the site Senior Leadership Team required.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate Leadership Opportunity (Director Level)
- Globally competitive annual package (Base, Benefits & Incentives)
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead – Market Intelligence
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.