Reference No. 048 1102 OT
Reference Number: 048 1102 OT
Our client, a mining group, is seeking an Energy Associate, who will work with the company’s energy workstream to support the development of a dynamic and sustainable energy solutions to meet the company’s growing demand and keep up with energy trends in the mining sector. Assist energy lead to develop an energy mix vis-à-vis the company’s operational requirements.
• Perform financial and technical due diligence on prospective energy solutions including but not exclusive to financial modeling, technical review, and risk assessments.
• Research and develop quantitative and qualitative analysis for project financing.
• Research and analyze trends in the mining industry related to energy production and conservation.
• Prepare memorandums to be presented to the company’s steering committee, Board of Directors and external stakeholders.
• Interface with external stakeholders such as consultants, contractors and Government institutions
• Prepare and analyze technical, operational, and financial reports related to the energy portfolio.
• Support the development and monitoring of KPIs for variables such as carbons emissions, fuel consumption and energy efficiency.
• Other duties as requested or assigned.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
• Bachelor’s Degree in Renewable Energy, Energy management, energy economics or related field from a top-tier university required.
• 2-3 years of experience in relevant sectors such as natural resources, energy, industrial sectors or commodities.
• Experience working in various geographical locations is an advantage.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to make insightful recommendations and solve problems based on critical thinking and analysis.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office applications with advanced Excel skills in modelling and financial valuation
• Strong proficiency in Power Point presentations focusing on compiling and presenting technical analysis.
• Capability to synthesize complex technical information into succinct reports for management.
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment and take initiative.
• Excels working in a multi-cultural, multi-jurisdiction team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with senior management, investment partners, contractors, consultants, and other external parties.
• Ability to travel.
Benefits and Contractual information:
• Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
• FIFO Rotation 6/2 OR 9/3
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.