Reference No. 344-0411LH
Reference Number: 344-0411LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Mine Manager from an open pit mining background to hold the legal appoint overseeing their operations in the Northern Cape.
- Reporting to the CEO, the Mine Manager will oversee all activities on site to ensure optimal results are achieved safely and efficiently, in line with health and safety, statutory and company standards.
- Continuous improvement initiatives and change / transformation management.
- Budgeting, cost control, allocation of funds and planning of funding for major projects.
- Obtaining expenditure approval for projects.
- Managing and commissioning of projects.
- Serving as a liaison with all internal and external stakeholders and ensuring effective communication and relationships are maintained.
- Ensure cost efficient ore extraction and production processes, and a high grade of product produced.
- Ensure production targets are achieved.
- Champion technological improvement processes.
- Overseeing the allocation of resources (manpower, equipment, consumables).
- Team management, mentoring and training.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- National Diploma or Degree in Mining.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate (Government Certificate of Competency) essential.
- Master’s Degree and / or MDP advantageous.
- 10 years previous experience in open pit mining operations with at least 5 years at Mine Manager level overseeing all personnel and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of DMR regulations and legal frameworks.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, project management and communication skills.
- Candidates located in and around the Northern Cape province are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Leanne Laas at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.