Reference No. 257 08 23 MW
Reference Number: 257 08 23 MW
Our client, an South African based IPP in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a Project Manager, who will manage the company’s wind projects in South Africa, during the execution phase (detail design, construction, commissioning, and Taking Over) according to applicable Company procedures. The incumbent will act as Owner’s Representative under the TSA (Turbine and Supplier Agreement) and BOP (Balance of Plant) contracts as well as Seller’s Representative under the PPA.
- Stay updated on market trends and emerging technologies, identifying innovations beneficial for Business growth.
- Foster and lead a corporate culture that promotes sustainable ethical practices encourages individual integrity and fulfils social responsibility objectives and imperatives.
- Recommending policy and procedure improvements.
- Ensuring overall compliance to all the internal Policies and Procedures of the Company, including compliance with Corporate ESMS (Environmental, Social, Management System), IFC Standards and Equator Principles.
- During the Execution Phase, the Project Manager is responsible and accountable for managing the following aspects of a project in an integrated manner to achieve project objectives: scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, procurement, risks, communication, and stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for advocating the Turbine and Supplier Agreement and Balance of Plant’s best interests by over-seeing the assigned project during the execution phase.
- Control procurement of subcontractors and suppliers to the TSA and BOP: manage the selection of the main suppliers and subcontractors as well as the negotiations.
- Manage the TSA and BOP, suppliers and consultants during the construction phase to ensure completion of the project within time, budget and quality as per the TSA and BOP contracts.
- Manage the O&M Contracts (LTSA and O&M BOP).
- Manage the following agreements: PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) signed with Eskom, Eskom Budget Quote, DCUOSA, Self-Build Agreement and other relevant agreements if required by the Portfolio Project Manager.
- Support the Asset Management team, when required, on other signed agreements (i.e.: CTA Agreement with the banks, etc.) and particularly to ensure the project obligations in terms of the loan agreement (CTA) are monitored and managed to ensure it remains fulfilled on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the project team (Project Engineer, Construction Manager, Site Superintendent, Health and Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, Commissioning Manager, etc.…) before, during, and after the construction phase.
- Direct internal operations to achieve project budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the project.
- Ensure that all the relevant insurances, permits and contracts remain in full force during the construction of the facility.
- Managing relationships with landowners and the local community.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintain observation reports/logs including work description, work methods, contractors on site, weather conditions, observations, photos, etc.
- Ensure all lien/claim releases are executed.
- Monitor the schedule throughout the process, report deviations and variances, and assist in developing alternate methods for corrective action.
- Manage the requirements of the Management Services Agreement to ensure the Company and its stakeholders remains compliant with the signed contract with the Associated Company
- Issue Internal Reports to the Company as well as a Monthly Report to the relevant stakeholders by highlighting progress, risks and opportunities and any other main information pertinent to the project.
- Record all certificates, change orders, amendments, etc. and ensure compliance with the company document control procedures.
- Hand over the project documents to the relevant party.
- Participate in senior management and board level and EXCO level meetings, if required.
- Responsible for Car and Food Management on site (and all related costs) in accordance with company Policy and Procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in major engineering infrastructure projects, with 5 years’ experience in renewable generation projects and 3 years’ experience in wind farm projects.
- A related tertiary qualification.
- SACPCMP preferable.
- Previous experience in Renewable Energy .
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed Term Employment Contract
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.