Reference No. 091922 AM
Reference Number: 091922 AM
Our client, one of the world’s largest and most diversified testing services providers, is searching for a QA/QC Officer to join their team. The QA/QC Officer will be responsible for all Quality and Technical related matters for the Sub-Sahara Africa region. The position will need to attend to technical investigations, perform internal and external audits, review and monitor QA/QC information. As the QA/QC Officer Sub-Sahara Africa you will be reporting to the General Manager (Europe & Africa).
- Carry out all Compliance actives: Practice the company’s Health and Safety Foundation Standards; Practice the company’s company core values; Abide by the company policies and procedures etc.
- The ability to develop & implement Strategic objectives: Develop and implement projects align to business strategy; Monitor and report on technical projects to Laboratory Manager; Research and keeping abreast with new trends and changes within the industry; Anticipate operational needs accordingly etc.
- Provide Technical Support: Responsible for root cause investigation and problem-solving initiatives pertaining to instrument issues and quality issues; Timeous reporting of quality incidents to all the relevant stakeholders; Timeous reporting of quality incidents to all the relevant stakeholders; Participate actively in operation meetings and appropriate forums to ensure quality targets are met across the entire region.
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Audits: Prepare for Global and external audits; Performs vertical and internal laboratory audits; Reviews audit results for recurring issues and resolves with the laboratories in the region.
- Round Robins & Proficiency Tests: Oversee the distribution of internal round robin samples; Review and statistically score sample results; Oversee the analysis of samples and report results for proficiency tests etc.
- Administration: Reviews QC procedures at defined frequencies and update the document master list; Reviews and compiles summary information from the incident database; Ensure all quality documentation both soft and hard copies are updated etc.
- Human Resources: In consultation with HR, coordinate the recruitment of new staff within the department.; Evaluate, motivate, and develop staff through appropriate training and technical support to achieve optimal performance levels etc.
- Risk Mitigation: Alert the management to key emerging risk areas; Make input to improve risk mitigation strategies; Actively participate in crisis management activities as and when required etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A tertiary qualification in Analytical Chemistry (Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry is advantageous) or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use of AAS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, XRF, and classical methods of analysis.
- Solid Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook) and GEMS experience is advantageous.
- Sound decision making, problem solving and preventive measures skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Good planning and implementation abilities
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.