Reference No. 207 07 22 MNW
Reference Number: 207 07 22 MNW
Our client, one of Africa’s leading petroleum distribution and marketing companies is seeking a Regional CFO who will be in charge of the financial and accounting responsibilities of the company’s entire Ugandan and Kenyan regional teams. The incumbent will support the regions to meet and exceed their business objectives through sound financial management, effective and efficient business and accounting systems and by ensuring that control processes and procedures are regularly reviewed to meet emerging business needs. The ideal incumbent will have extensive experience working in finance and accounting at managerial level, with a background in international financial reporting.
- Principal owner of “Making the company the best Retail operations company in Africa”
- Manage the Accounting & Finance (A& F) policies and procedures in the areas of compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), internal company Corporate
- Reporting guidelines, Risk Management and in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and laws.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete management information to ensure that the company meets compliance requirements, operates within agreed budgets, meets capital employed targets and is in sound financial footing.
- Lead the overall business planning and forecasting requirements for the company.
- Manage business reporting, and development of critical interfaces with business line management.
- Responsible for Company Capital Budget investment coordination authority controls, analysis for investment activities and Budget release.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses and impact the business directly.
- Manage policies, processes and operational activities related to procurement of all categories of indirect spend (i.e. excluding fuel and lubricant products marketed by the company)
- Ensure annual statutory and compliance audits are performed by due dates.
- Ensure good corporate governance in the fields of finance, accounting, treasury, and tax that support sound corporate governance of the business functions.
- Monitor and provide company leadership with results, trends, costs and business impact of the various business risks on an on-going basis.
- Ensure full compliance with company A&F Delegation of Authority.
- In liaison with internal controls section and business management, identify, develop, implement, assess and monitor appropriate internal control processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Implement and review cash and cashflow management systems as per Group guidelines and processes, tax management, tax planning & tax monitoring processes as per Group guidelines and processes, purchase-to-pay systems,
- Support Group and affiliate’s systems, processes and controls related to the inventory monitoring and credit management to ensure that the company assets are acquired, recorded, reconciled and monitored timely, accurately and appropriately.
- In coordination with the Group Treasurer, ensure that the affiliate’s insurance policies are meeting legal, group and operational requirements.
- Constantly monitor both departmental and Overall Company Opex to ensure that the company operates within agreed budgets.
- Provide and monitor key economic indices, assumptions and projections used in the development of the Plans and Budgets.
- Enable continuous improvement results by providing timely & accurate reporting of performance.
- Maintain integrity on local information systems and tools (ERP, Bravo Corporate system tool).
- Leading and/or facilitating cross-functional teams that use analysis of spend data, market intelligence and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modelling to identify and leverage key opportunities that deliver value, optimize supplier pool, and mitigates risk to the business.
- Update, in coordination with Corporate procurement, the policies and procedures relating to indirect category procurement strategy and categories procurement management policies and procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant accounting or finance university degree
- Professional Accounting Membership highly advantageous.
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in Accounting and Finance Management in the commercial sector.
- Demonstrated experience in downstream Oil & Gas industry is highly desirable.
- Experience within a multinational company required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Local or Expat Contract
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.